Tips for Going Green for St. Patrick’s Day!
It’s as good a time as any to go Green!
It’s hard to come up with a “new” list of tips for making your home and office more environmentally friendly; most tips are and have been posted thousands of times.
But we suppose the value comes in simply repeating the mantra as often as possible, to yourself and your colleagues in the hopes that eventually, the suggestions will sink in and the routine will begin.
B2C ties their latest list to St. Patrick’s Day, in an effort to capitalize on the world’s favorite color on March 17th:
9. Shut off computers and the power strips when you leave for the day.
10. Set your computer to “go to sleep” automatically during short breaks.
11. Institute a policy of two-sided printing and use the back of old documents for drafts whenever you can.
12. Buy chlorine-free paper with a high percentage of post-consumer recycled content.
13. Recycle toner and ink cartridges. According to Office Depot, each reused toner cartridge keeps approximately 2.5 pounds of metal and plastic out of landfills and conserves about a ½ gallon of oil!
Liam Supple posts a total of 20 tips, but of course for our purposes it’s that lucky #13 with which we’re most concerned.
Seriously though…recycle your used ink & toner cartridges! We’ll take ’em! Click here for details on how to make that happen.
If we don’t get a chance to talk to you, have a wonderful, green St. Patrick’s Day everybody!
Comments are closed.