If you have a Canon copier, downloading the Canon ScanGear Tool will turn your single-purpose copy machine into a dual-purpose copier/scanner. This software allows you to maximize the functionality of your equipment in a free and intuitive way.
This process does not require years of training, it is as simple as following this list of steps:
- Download the ScanGear tool from the Canon website.
- Run the downloaded EXE, which can be accessed in the TEMP folder.
- Launch the file and follow the prompts to install ScanGear.
- The IP address of your copier will be needed for the launch the ScanGear tool.
- Make sure the connection is established by selecting ‘Test Connection’.
- At the copier, press the Scan button and select ‘Online’ to turn the Scan mode on. It will automatically
search for the ScanGear software.
- Place document in feeder trayand from your computer, select an option from the Scan New Document
box (typically, black and white or color).
At this point, your document should scan, letting you know the process is complete. And in a few simple steps, you will go from end user to technician.
If for some reason this process does not take, contact Canon to troubleshoot the problem.